Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

221–240 (356)

Aphorisms of Keith Ferreira - New site  ·  posted 2002 by Keith Ferreira

I came upon this site when searching dmoz.org. My name is Bill Degnan and I am the web master / programmer for a new aphorisms web site http://www.philophysics.com.

philophysics.com contains the written works of author Keith Ferreira. 4 books of aphorisms and one novel. I have read his work and have found his aphorisms to be applicable to this web site. If you think that you can help him to sell his books, or you wish to use his works for your site, or you offer a link trade, please contact me or him at info@philophysics.com. Here is a random sample:

The Poor and the Rich The poor say to the rich, “Hi, rich people. Don’t press too hard. We are alive.”
Society’s Hierarchy Shit flows from top to bottom, while beauty flows from bottom to top.
Dogs and People Dogs and people are very much alike, because behaviorally they have a lot in common.
Racial Prejudice Racial prejudice is a form of cursing or barking at racially different groups of people.

process of dichloro acetic acid  ·  posted 2002 by manan

How to make DICHLORO ACETIC ACID, give the suitable catalyst with detailed process. Also give us specification of the product.

purity of the DCA MUST BE 99% MIN.

catalyst for chlorination of acetic acid  ·  posted 2002 by manan patel

1) catalyst for chlornation of acetic acid which increase the speed of the process, and increase the yeild of the product.

dichloroacetone  ·  posted 2002 by raven

I need this answer for an extra credit problem which I need in order to pass the class. I need to know the mechanism to form dichloroacetone (CH2CLHOHCH2Cl) from Na2Cr2O7 + ClCH2CHOHCH2Cl + H2O + H2SO4. Thank You

recommendation! www.har-tzion.com  ·  posted 2002 by shira

I really like all your conversations in this forum. I find it very interesting. I think you may like another interesting website which I just enterd. The forums there discuss religion, meditation, art, politics, human rights, and have a variety of points of view.They are doing such a great job that I really feel obliged to let others know. I'm coping it for you www.har-tzion.com

(no title)  ·  posted 2002 by Albert Camus

Am searching for a quote about work that I think comes from Albert Camus. It's somthing along the lines of "When work is soul-less everything is dark, but when when work is rewarding everything is wonderful." Any ideas on how to track this down would be appreciated.

Cross Children Walk  ·  posted 2002 by Ted Darby

I once had a poem by Ogden Nash that talked about street signs. Among other observations was the one concerning the diamond shaped sign with the ledgend:

Cross Children Walk

to which he had made the observation that "cheerful children ride".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Signatures of jacques coustau + crew  ·  posted 2002 by Roberta

I have a signature of jaques cousteau + his son, and his crew, i would like to know the value if any of this... it was signed at a hotel in 1979, he was doing under water filming in the area. The calipso was docked for repair and I have the signatures of the original crew. I would like to know the value of this. Plz e-mail me back at the corresponding address

success&failure  ·  posted 2002 by kinnari

let your failure be blamed by thy world but dont give up it is your greatest success

There WAs A Young Lady of Perth  ·  posted 2002 by William, Saroyan

creative consultant  ·  posted 2002 by kris

all the sayings of legendary adman leo burnett

Death Evil?  ·  posted 2002 by Mr DeadMan

I was raised like most, in the thoughts that all dead is evil. But upon rethinking i have come to an understanding that (as one of my favorite sayings goes) - "All that is dead, is not evil."

The logic behind this would be, if all things dead are evil, then we are all evil. There is No Good. And that just doesn't make sense.

Mr. DeadMan

Kings  ·  posted 2002 by dejesus

221–240 (356)