Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

201–220 (356)

RHJunior, Man Who Needs to Get a Life  ·  posted 2003 by Brew Murray

Don't get me wrong; RHJunior has contributed a certain few worth-while quotes, of which surpass mine. But the fact remains that he seems to contribute twenty or so quotes every other day. I suggest he get a life. He needs one badly.

HELP!  ·  posted 2003 by Niel

PEOPLE!!I need you to go to this website: www.reemst.com Then click calvin and hobbes, and go to forums, and stay there!!ends at midnight..PLEASE!!It is important!

Whats does this mean  ·  posted 2002 by Unknown

What would this aphoorism based on either Ralph Waldo Emerson or Henry David Thoreau 's mindset in the middle 19th Century.

morality  ·  posted 2002 by waxingsun

quite contrary to this view, i believe that an excuse is the mark of an individual who wants to keep within the confines of morality by presenting themself as such.

Nomads, Civilization & War  ·  posted 2002 by Kent Benjamin Robertson

http://einstein.periphery.cc/. Einstein's Unified Field without mathematics is the main feature here. It's near the bottom of the contents file. There's also some documentaries and book reviews about the causes and effects of domestic violence and international warfare and how it might be counteracted and/or extinctified. Also some information on psychological warfare in and out of the mainstream media; destructive human aggression, behavior modification, operant conditioning and psychomolecular restructuring. There's related documentaries on fugitive villains in the judicial, journalistic, corporate state, including rogue CIA operatives and their minions. There's a fiction novel entitled Butterfly, Owl & Eagle, chapters 5 & 6 of which are not yet completely edited and streamlined. Forthcoming at this site is a documentary on misogyny and violence in infrastructural America, entitled Battered & Bullied Women Make Better Pancakes & Burgers, but it's not yet edited. There are JPGs and g.i.f.s, though they're not directly linked to the text and this plebe doesn't know how to make the adjustments that allow the easier access of 'clicking'-on to and from the text and illustrations, but anyway the illustrations are referred to in the text as you read same and you can move, however less efficiently, to and from text and illustrations. Any instruction that might help this information be accessed to more readers and how to serve them more efficiently is certainly and respectfully requested. Refer Kraziequus@delphiforums.com (Kraziequus's forums) Einstein's Unified Field Reinstated. I don't know how to use e-mail yet. I think I'm Kraziequus@yahoo.com (Therefore I may be?) but still don't know how to use it (Now that's confusion, if not entertainment?) Please excuse my base ignorance of how to use the web/internet. ____________ This message referencing a website was originally sent to a prolific Delph...

Read More

(no title)  ·  posted 2002 by Aristotelos

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to find a quote of Aristotelis in Ancient Greek and thought you might be able to help me. 'Those that teach children well are more to be honoured than parents, for these gave only life and those the art of living well'. Hope you might know or you can advise me as to how to find it.

Thanking you in advance

Aliki Vatidi

(no title)  ·  posted 2002 by PCK

Who in the heck is "Greg"???

Maslow quote  ·  posted 2002 by Anthony Markert

I am looking for the title of the Maslow book or pub. that contains the quote "When the only tool you have is a hammer ....."

source of Toffler "illiterate" quote  ·  posted 2002 by Dede

Can someone tell mw what Toffler work is the source of the following quote?

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. Alvin Toffler

Vidal Is right  ·  posted 2002 by Gore Vidal

Vidal stated in his latest letter that country's have withing their means a way of protecting themselves that should not lead to war. He cited that Italy places a bounty for the arrest or death of Mafia members instead of bombing Italian towns where the Mafia reside. I feel Vidal is right in this account. My only other opinion would be that we should round up the Muslim Facsists in America and send them back to their disgusting little countries. If we do this we do not need a bounty or a bomb, just a plane and handcuffs! Ken

is that all there is?  ·  posted 2002 by Patrick

I've got to wonder about the quotes attributed to Hitler. Did he say nothing of any value? I understand that he was a thoroughly bad person, but I had to wonder if there was anything of value in the volume of written words and speeches he delvered s a public figure. Did h have NO redeeming qualities?

Help please  ·  posted 2002 by C. Rich

"What maintains one vice, brings up two children." This is a bit hard to interpret and explain, can anyone do it?

Help please  ·  posted 2002 by Clark Richter

Im having some trouble interpreting an aphorism from Poor Richard's Almanac, by Benjamin Franklin. It reads as follows, "What maintains one vice, brings up two children." Any explanation would be helpful, I'm absolutly stumped.

(no title)  ·  posted 2002 by feyter

does anyone know this aphorism a truly great man will neither trample on aworm nor sneak to an emperor

i have a question  ·  posted 2002 by ileana

um well i want to know the name of somthing i don't remember the name was it bohr's model or what

(no title)  ·  posted 2002 by Mary

Does anyone have any idea where to find this quotation? Even the Truman library couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help.

Mary

201–220 (356)